I am pleased to announce some very exciting changes happening in the life of This Soul.
Effective immediately, the Ego, who has served as CEO / Tyrant for many decades and perhaps centuries, is being demoted to Occasional Consultant. We won’t get rid of her completely — what if there’s an earthquake or a squirrel picks a fight with us? — the Ego has skillz to shut down feelings and act, which is useful in times of crisis, but not on a regular basis.
The Heart, who has been with us from the very beginning (and I do mean the very beginning), has served faithfully, despite often being drowned out and neglected by the screaming and maniacal Ego. But patience and love pay off, as the Heart is being restored to its rightful position as leader of this soul.
Transitions occurring at the highest levels naturally impact other departments. Under the Heart’s leadership, departments being promoted include:
- Inner Child – individual contributor, and perhaps our most important team member
- Silly Antics team
- Trust department
- The “Dreams I Forgot About” team is being moved from the crappy basement to the Executive wing.
With the Ego’s reduction in responsibilities, the following departments are under review:
- Regret & Remorse team – these assholes will likely move to the crappy basement. They will be consulted in times of pity partying.
- Get More Stuff team – these guys have been mostly irrelevant for a while, actually.
- Caring What Other People Think team – fired. No severance.
- Unworthiness subsidiary – this group has been accidentally set on fire.
Please note: The Ego will still have domain over driving activities. While promising to refrain from flipping the actual, physical bird, the Ego is sanctioned to perform mental bird-flipping and to call people bitches under her breath.